Monday, June 21, 2010

to the beach lovely ♥

hello lovelies ♥ so today i have a haul, MAC's to the beach collection came out in Australia today. Normally, i'm not one to buy items' from MAC's limited edition collections. However i have regretted it in the past (volcanic ash exfoliator, i should have bought you :()
There was one item that caught my eye and sold out in other countries once it was released so of course, i had to check it out :)
The MUA at MAC went a bit crazy as i was deciding between dollymix (which i have wanted for ages) or the marine life highlighter/blush so she applied them both on me. She was so nice though and it looked really pretty but just a bit TOO dramatic for me, and she did sheer it out before i left on my request. The other MUAs came over to help me decide and i left with the marine life but it was a close call so i'll be back for dollymix. I also dropped by the estee lauder staff shop as i was kindly given a pass by a lovely girl (if you are reading this, thank-you Stella ♥)
My expectations were not met, if there was a camera capturing my face at the moment i said to the sales assistant "is this all the MAC stuff?" it would have read disappointment disappointment. There was a lot of old stock from past collections, and from the current collection maybe 2-5 lipglass colors, 2 blush colors, 10 eyeshadow colors (and not very great ones either) i did do a round of the store and came out with 3 items.

MAC haul;

~Marine life highlighter/blush

~picked up a blot powder as well (oil control yeah!)

Estee lauder staff shop haul;

~Bobbi brown eyeshadow in Brown stone (possible MAC smoke and diamonds dupeeee!), MAC pink poodle lipglass, American beauty blush in apricot twist.

I also found a cute pair of studded tan booties at rubi shoes, last pair in my size (love it when that happens) for $15 so i got that :)
I still have not finished revenovating my room, it's clean but needs to be organized! so off i go :)

13 comments:

  1. The marine life highlighter/blush is so pretty :O!

    And you look beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that marine life highlighter is way too pretty, I wouldn´t even dare to use it lol. great buys though, as always. and you look beutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul and adorable shoes! ♥

    http://arsyparsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh Marine life highlighter is so pretty!! I'm tossing up whether or not to get it though. Decisions decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loooove the booots ! i love rubi shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally forgot that MAC collection was coming out today. Marine Life is so pretty! I'd be hesitant to use it and ruin that pretty seahorse though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVe you in a scarf.
    your face is so damn gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Marine life highlighter is so pretty! I wouldn't want to dip my brush into it so i won't ruin the design. The dresses and shoes that you find are always so pretty! Makes me want to go on a dress shopping spree even more!

    I dont know about the states since I live in Canada, but I know you can return used items at MAC and Sephora. I haven't tried returning used items at drugstores or counters yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oOOo.. I am so getting the marine life highlighter :) so gorgeous!

    http://nurisrandom.blogspot.com/

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Aww that's such a shame about the store not having recent collection stuff.. it's really hit or miss unfortunately!
    and haha i picked up marine life highlighter today as well!!!! and also one of the nail polishes. I don't want to use marine life though cos it's soo cute at the moment and I don't want to gold to go!

    - Stella

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Stella, i can't visit ur blog link so i shall reply here! :) hello lovely! ah yes i think i came at a bad time or it had been raided recently. ooh *hi5* bet it will look gorgeous on you! what nail polish did u pick up? :) is the formula good? as the last MAC polish i had was an epic fail unfortunately :(
    i know what u meant! my gold detail came off with the first use!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Cecilia, Thank you for dropping by my blog. I bought mine yesterday and the lady told me it was the last 2. Apparently it's selling like hot cakes. Glad you post about it, if not I wouldn't be bothered getting my bum bum out of the house and purchasing one myself. Yay!
    I might be going back to purchase the eye kohl (",)

    http://nurisrandom.blogspot.com

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey im new to your blog and im loving it.

    if your still interested in the volcanic exfoliator then this chick just started a blog sale today and she has it available for $20 USD and $4 postage.

    http://cocobellabeauty.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-sale-w-new-items.html

    Anastasia-Evangaline.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments lovelies! :) xoxo ♥