Monday, July 26, 2010

in the groove ♥

Today one of MAC's collections that i've been waiting out for was released in australia- the in the groove collection (yes i know australia is far behind every other country's release blah) and i headed to my local MAC counter with wish list in hand. I knew the items i wanted; stereo rose, band of roses & jazzed lipstick. And the items i was thinking about also getting; petticoat & by candlelight. Of course i knew i couldnt buy them all and i swapped with someone for a brand new in box jazzed lipstick and swatched petticoat in person and didnt like it. So...
meet by candlelight msf, stereo rose msf & band of roses blush duo.
I love them all, i originally got stereo rose & band of roses then came back for by candlelight. Am having buyer's remorse for band of roses as although it is super pretty it was the most expensive and $50 (as opposed to an msf at $46 that is 3x the amount of product of the blush duo sigh) but i like it, so i don't know. should i keep it?
Also it is similar enough to dollymix which i also wanted to get. should i exchange it for dollymix? help a girl in need of urgent direction! =p

I also picked up a cute nautical striped blazer for the upcoming spring and summer weather to pair with dresses (aren't i preparing in advance? :D i hate winter)

I was accompanied by krissy and we again photowhored :)



Also sammy is a happy chappy again and pretty much recovered from his sickness/desexing woes.

12 comments:

  1. oh wow!! you look adorable in that dress!! i love it to bits! :D and the blazer looks lovely :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..the dollymix and the band of roses is very similar, but the band of roses is a duo...how do you like the other half of the band of roses? If you are "meh" to is, I say get the dollymix instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i just realised we both have that stripey blazer now! twins yayy :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice MAC haul! Must have a look on Thursday late night shopping =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul! I can't wait to get my hands on Stereo Rose (my aunty got it for me in HK =p), it's just so gorgeous! Love the dress you're rocking too, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. arghh! I haven't been able to get to a MAC store yet.. hoping to head to bondi junction tomorrow and get what I want? I want so much though, it's going to be hard to cut it down :( i'm hoping to get a jazzed, happy together blush dup and a few of the eyeshadow trios, did they look in person? stupid uni committments keeping me from mac lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dear lord so many typos haha i get excited when i read about macs new collections! haha hope you managed to get the basic gist of my comment haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼....................................................

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice haul!
    your doggy is soooo cute haha=]

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Stella; i hope u see this reply!!! :) get a blog babeeeee!! oh yes haha dw i am the same!!!! excitement excitement!!! i returned band of roses + by candlelight as i had a think and swatched it a few times in store pls a friend of mine applied her by candlelight on me and i just didnt like it enough. let me know what u did pick up from the collection!!! also do you like happy together blush??? im thinking of getting it. also let me know ur thoughts on the eyeshadows!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha! I've thought about it, but a) dont think anyone would read it and b) it would just be me showing what i've bought.. (btw. i recently bought an asos dress from the petites section and its literally at my hips LOL. how petite are these uk women?!?!?).

    soo i didn't get stereo rose :'(, apparently it was sold out first day at my local so it was not meant to be! i didnt end up getting happy together though, it was nice but wasnt really feeling it? haha buuut i did get hang loose!!! i reallllly like it, it's a really nice soft pink colour for me. i tried on band of roses!!! but i was like hello clown! i wouldve needed a very very light hand..
    eyeshadows are all soooo pretty.. i did end up getting in the groove, using it wet is wayy prettier than dry but i dont really know how to apply it wet.. do i just make my brush wet? lol. but yeah, i love that the colours work so well together. i might go back and get togetherness too! sigh, i wish i had a money tree..

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your comments lovelies! :) xoxo ♥